top of page


SPN Construction can help you obtain the mobility products you need with the assistance of government and subsidized financing. Below are just a few agencies that can help you!

Pennsylvania Department of Health & Human Services

The links on this page provide you with information on a range of options, services and funding sources for the Office of Long-Term Living’s Home and Community-based Services.

Aging Waiver

Home and community-based program for individuals 60 years of age or over.

Attendant Care Program

Home and community-based program for individuals with physical disabilities capable of a) selecting and supervising attendant care worker(s); b) managing your own financial affairs; and c) managing your own legal affairs.


Home and community-based program for individuals who experience a medically determinable diagnosis of traumatic brain injury.

Independence Waiver

Home and community-based program for individuals with physical disabilities.

Nursing Home Transition

Program to help nursing home residents to move back into their home and the community.

LIFE (Living Independence for the Elderly)

Allows the elderly to live independently on their own while receiving services and supports that meet the health and personal needs of the individual.

OBRA Waiver

Home and community-based program for individuals with severe developmental physical disabilities.

Specialized Services

Program to provide training, encouragement, and other tangible supports, which enable a person to acquire, regain, improve, or maximize their skills and abilities.


Long-Term Living Helpline
Toll free 1-800-753-8827

Office of Long-Term Living
Bureau of Individual Support
(717) 787-8091


Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation
Voice: 484-674-0506
Toll Free: 888-744-1938
Fax: 484-674-0510

Our mission is to provide education and financing opportunities for people with disabilities and older Pennsylvanians, helping them to acquire assistive technology devices and services that improve the quality of their lives.

We Help Pennsylvanians of:
All Ages
All Income Levels
All Disabilities

PATF helps Pennsylvanians obtain the assistive technology they need to go to work, be active participants in their communities, and live in their own homes.

Financial Loans
Information & Assistance
Financial Education
Borrower Stories

What is Assistive Technology (AT)?

Any item, piece of equipment, or product system, whether acquired commercially, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.

VA provides grants to Servicemembers and Veterans with certain permanent and total service-connected disabilities to help purchase or construct an adapted home, or modify an existing home to accommodate a disability. Two grant programs exist: the Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant and the Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant.

SAH grants help Veterans with certain service-connected disabilities live independently in a barrier-free environment. SAH grants can be used in one of the following ways:

  • Construct a specially adapted home on land to be acquired

  • Build a home on land already owned if it is suitable for specially adapted housing

  • Remodel an existing home if it can be made suitable for specially adapted housing

  • Apply the grant against the unpaid principal mortgage balance of an adapted home already acquired without the assistance of a VA grant

  • View and share VA’s SHA infographic to help spread the word

SHA grants help Veterans with certain service-connected disabilities adapt or purchase a home to accommodate the disability. You can use SHA grants in one of the following ways:

  • Adapt an existing home the Veteran or a family member already owns in which the Veteran lives

  • Adapt a home the Veteran or family member intends to purchase in which the Veteran will live

  • Help a Veteran purchase a home already adapted in which the Veteran will live

If you are a Service member or Veteran with a permanent and total service-connected disability, you may be entitled to a Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant or a Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant. The table below provides an overview of VA’s housing grant programs for Veterans with certain service-connected disabilities.








bottom of page